Sunday, September 30, 2012

Unconnected

These days it seems you can't do anything or go anywhere without a cell phone. Unfortunately, that means that when yours goes missing, you are pretty much unconnected until some sort of recovery plan kicks in. In my case, my phone has become one with natural history. I must say it's an odd feeling when you reach for your phone only to be reminded that it's gone (very likely for good). Of course, loosing a phone in a museum is far from the worst that can happen in this day in age, and modern technology has even made it easy to recover all lost data. It's funny how you can loose your phone, and very suddenly have time for everything else. I've been meaning to update this blog for weeks now, then I lost my cell phone last night and suddenly I have time to do homework, and even blog a little.

Living in Washington, DC has been positively amazing. Well, aside from last week when incorrectly thawing some chicken gave me food poisoning. Whoops! The most disappointing side of that was missing the National Book Festival that was supposedly a lot of fun, and also happens to only be around for one weekend. Oh well, life always moves forward.

I have made a list of all the things I want to do and DC, and as a result I think that I need to get moving. I still have a few more months living in the Capital... but I'm afraid I'll blink and be back home. And since my internship runs the entire week, it's up to me to keep weekends on the track to adventure. I have tons of photographs to upload soon, and then I'll be able to give a full account of my recent whereabouts in the big city.

That's all for now though, I'm off for yet another big adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment