Sunday, October 14, 2012

Monday Comes Again

Alright, so to be honest this post is a few weeks old now. I started it and then ran behind on getting everything up-to-date. So here's the post from a few weeks back, and more will soon follow!

And so at last my weekend has ended, and a new week emerges. Currently I'm watching the clock tick on, praying that my food in the refrigerator won't go bad with the current power outage. As far as my roommate is concerned, killing food that belongs to interns with zero income is just wrong. I'm still praying for power before the food rots.


These Leaves were just too cool!
Anyways, I'm glad to say that Monday is only a half day, but that's only half true. I go into work for a few hours, then I leave and go straight to programming. These "programs" are really just lectures typically based on how interns can better themselves in the years to come. Most of the time the speaker is interesting and can hold the audiences attention... but at other times it's a bit hard to focus. Regardless it does help break up the day and therefore I'm grateful for a change. Tonight there is a resume workshop that I hope is really helpful. In order to leave Washington successfully (and with a good grade), I must be attentive and flexible at my internship (32-36 hours a week), finish a complete portfolio (pieces    are do in 1-2 week intervals), and also do well in my class which mostly consists of essays of various lengths.

My little Caterpillar!


This weekend left very little to be desired. On Sunday I went to the U.S. Botanical Garden, and then to the National Air and Space Museum. It was a really amazing day although I must say I missed having my family around for tons (TONS) of photo opportunities. The little Caterpillar on the left was not easy to take a picture of, especially with the wind blowing. However, I finally got this shot that I'm pretty proud of; and I think it was very artistic with the flowering plants in the background. I think if they would let me I'd move into the Botanical Gardens. There was just so much to see and it was beyond relaxing.



My blogspot simply doesn't want to agree with where I choose to place my photographs, so I will randomly assort them below :)



Baby Pineapple <3



Straight out of Dr Seuss!




Misty colored leaves
Have a Good Week Everyone!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment