Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Christmas Carol

         I have had many exciting experiences lately; but this one takes the cake. Last night I went to "A Christmas Carol" at Fords Theater. I got there early, and was able to grab some hot cocoa before heading into the museum in the basement of the building. It was really neat being able to see the museum before the show, and there were a few people around who knew what they were talking about; so I stuck close and learned a lot. Around 7:00 the seating was open, so we went up and found our seats. I was in the fourth row on the left side of the orchestra seating. It was a better seat than I could have hoped for.
Although one of the upsides of going to a theater as historic as Fords Theater is certainly an upside, it's a bit unsettling too. They have preserved the presidents box with flags and a picture, and it is an odd feeling to be sitting in the same room where a great president was shot. It was certainly an experience you simply won't get anywhere else.
          The play itself was fantastic. The first scene began with the characters entering on stage, as well as through the doors into the audience. Throughout the play the cast spoke with each other, as well as to the audience at occasional points. The play itself was incredibly well-cast, and was very enchanting. Jacob Marley was certainly a sight to see, and Scrooge was an incredibly well played part. This is my second time seeing A Christmas Carol, and it is a play that I will surly remember for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment